For BMGT 411 assignment #4 – I want you to take a look at an ad campaign running right now that you feel is successful. Why do you think it is successful? Remember from week 10 that the components of an ideal ad campaign are:
- The right consumer is exposed to the message at the right time and place
- The ad causes consumer to pay attention
- The ad reflects consumer’s level of understanding and behaviors the with product
- The ad correctly positions brand in terms of points-of-difference andpoints-of-parity
- The ad motivates consumer to consider purchase of the brand
Also, think about the components of a good communication design:
What to say (Message Strategy), how to say it (Creative
Strategy) and who should say it (Message Source).
Lets look at an example from one of my runner friends on twitter for Altra Zero Drop Footwear
- Message: Innovation in shoe design and points of difference
- Creative: Show it in real use, how the innovations can improve runner performance
- Source: Delivered by voiceover and product animations showing real world usage
So please include an example of an ad campaign you feel is successful and why, and what communication design is employed in the campaign.