In week number 4, we discussed the importance of visualizing data to make it more understandable and understandable for your target audience. For this assignment, I would like all of you to use the data below and visualize it.
1. Create a graph or chart using Excel or other graphing program
2. Copy the graph into PowerPoint
3. Load your PowerPoint to http://www.slideshare.com
4. Comment with your slideshare link
All final projects are to be submitted via slideshare, so this will give you the opportunity to get used to using it.
- Can you take this table and visualize the SNAP household growth since 2010?
- Can you visualize this data in percentages of total US population? (Use persons) and use 300 MM as overall population.
Now take a look at the current unemployment rate of the US in the same time period.
- Can you take this table and visualize the decline in unemployment in the US?
- Is there a way to combine these two data sets to show a comparison between the two? What is interesting about this data?